Features and Facility (e-Granthalaya Library automation software)
e-Granthalaya is a Digital Platform developed by National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India for Government Libraries for Automation of In-house activities as well as member services and Networking for resource
sharing. e-Granthalaya is useful to transform traditional libraries to e-Library with Digital Library Services and to provide various online member services using Single Window Access System. University Library using e-Granthalaya since 2013 for automation of books. Entry of books is running in software with fully cataloguing and classification. University Library partially use this software for issue/return service. This service also done through manually or on register. Web OPAC service is also available through the given link on our university website. Through this facility user can find the details of books available in our university library at anywhere.
A. Domain Specific Features
- Provides Web-based Data Entry Solution
- UNICODE Compliant, supports data entry in local language
- Retro-Conversion for direct Data Entry of Books in a single form.
- Download Catalog Records from Internet
- Exhaustive Reports for Print
- Export Records in CSV/Text File/MARC 21/MARC XML/ISO:2709/MS ACCESS/EXCEL formats
- Import Records from EXCEL/MARC/MARCXML File.
- Import Memberships Records from EXCEL File
- Main/Branch Libraries Acquisition/Cataloging
- Print Accession Register in various Formats
- Search Module built-in with basic/advance/Boolean parameters
- Library Statistics Reports
- CAS/SDI Services and Documentation Bulletin / Library Newsletter
- Compact/Summary/Detailed Reports Option
- Full Text News Clipping Services Built-in
- Digital Library integration with uploading / downloading of pdf/html/Tiff documents, accessible behind the Login
- Micro-Documents Manger (Articles/Chapter Indexing) with uploading of full-text articles in pdf/html format
- Multi-copies of Accession No can be accessioned in bulk with single click with Auto-Accession Number.
- Manages e-Books with digital files in pdf or other formats, provides facilities of e-Book Viewer.
- Photo Gallery available for uploading photo and pictures of the organizations - published on the Library Web site.
- Well Integrated with Barcode / SMS / E-Mail / Smart Card / RFID Technology
B. Product Oriented Features
- Cloud Ready Application with Mass Deployment Architecture.
- Can connect any kind of DBMS, however, hosted in NIC Cloud with PostgreSQL - An Open Source DBMS.
- Multi-Tenant Application - connect multiple databases with Single-Signup across the libraries.
- Well Scalable with more VMs and other Cloud Resources.
- User Configurable components.
- Well Secured Application with Audit.
- Authors Directory
- Check Duplicate Titles
- Add New Title
- Add Acquisition Record
- Generate Approval
- Place Orders
- Receive Books
- Billing/ Payment
- Update full catalog information
- Update Title Details
- Update Copy/Holding Details
- Change Status of the Copy
- Retro-Conversion Utility
- Status-Wise List of Books
- Generate Bar Code labels for Books/ Loose Issues.
- Add Member Categories
- Add Entitlement, Due Days and Fine Charges
- Member Information
- Issue/ Return
- Return/ Reserve
- Circulation Transactions
- Overdue Reminder
- Add Budget Details
- Add Bills Details
- Generate Payment Request Form
- Check Details
Web OPAC Search Interface
- Internet/Intranet Based Interface
- Search Library Catalog
- Basic/ Advance Search
- Use Boolean Operators
- Search Member Dues
Total No. Of Book. - 23716+2900
Books entered in Software- 11133
Web Link of e-granthalaya (OPAC)- https://188.8.131.52/uoulib/