Features and Facility (e-Granthalaya Library automation software)
e-Granthalaya is a Digital Platform developed by National InformaticsCentre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Governmentof India for Government Libraries for automation of In-houseactivities as well as member services and Networking for resource
sharing. e-Granthalaya is useful to transform traditional libraries intoe-Libraries with Digital Library Services and to provide various onlinemember services using Single Window Access System. Uttarakhand Open University’s library is using e-Granthalaya since 2013 for automation. Entry of booksis being made in the software with proper cataloguing and classification. University Library partially use this software for issue/returnservices. WebOPAC service is also available through the given link on the university’s website. Through this facility a user can find the details ofbooks available in our university library at any time.
Following are the main features of the University’s library system;
A. Domain Specific Features
- Provides Web-based Data Entry Solution.
- UNICODE Compliant, supports data entry in local language.
- Retro-Conversion for direct Data Entry of Books in a single form.
- Download Catalog Records from Internet.
- Exhaustive Reports for Print.
- Export Records in CSV/Text File/MARC 21/MARC XML/ISO:2709/MS ACCESS/EXCEL formats.
- Import Records from EXCEL/MARC/MARCXML File.
- Import Memberships Records from EXCEL File.
- Main/Branch Libraries Acquisition/Cataloging.
- Print Accession Register in various Formats.
- Search Module built-in with basic/advance/Boolean parameters.
- Library Statistics Reports.
- CAS/SDI Services and Documentation Bulletin / Library Newsletter.
- Compact/Summary/Detailed Reports Option.
- Full Text News Built-inClipping Services.
- Digital Library integration with uploading / downloading of pdf/html/Tiff documents, accessible through the Login.
- Micro-Documents Manger (Articles/Chapter Indexing) with uploading of full-text articles in pdf/html format.
- Multi-copies of Accession. The number can be accessioned in bulk with single click with Auto-Accession Number.
- Manages e-Books with digital files in pdf or other formats, provides facilities of e-Book Viewer.
- Photo Gallery available for uploading photos and pictures of the organizations - published on the Library Web site.
- Well Integrated with Barcode / SMS / E-Mail / Smart Card / RFID Technology.
B. Product Oriented Features
- Cloud Ready Application with Mass Deployment Architecture.
- Can connect any kind of DBMS, however, hosted in NIC Cloud with PostgreSQL - An Open Source DBMS.
- Multi-Tenant Application - connect multiple databases with Single-Signup across the libraries.
- Well Scalable with more VMs and other Cloud Resources.
- User Configurable components.
- Well Secured Application with Audit.
- Authors Directory
- Check Duplicate Titles
- Add New Title
- Add Acquisition Record
- Generate Approval
- Place Orders
- Receive Books
- Billing/ Payment
- Update full catalog information
- Update Title Details
- Update Copy/Holding Details
- Change Status of the Copy
- Retro-Conversion Utility
- Status-Wise List of Books
- Generate Bar Code labels for Books/ Loose Issues.
- Add Member Categories
- Add Entitlement, Due Days and Fine Charges
- Member Information
- Issue/ Return
- Return/ Reserve
- Circulation Transactions
- Overdue Reminder
- Add Budget Details
- Add Bills Details
- Generate Payment Request Form
- Check Details
Web OPAC Search Interface
- Internet/Intranet Based Interface
- Search Library Catalog
- Basic/ Advance Search
- Use Boolean Operators
- Search Member Dues
Total No. Of Book. - 26616
Books entered in Software- 11133
Web Link of e-granthalaya (OPAC)- https://126.96.36.199/uoulib/