Director : Dr. P. D. Pant, Professor
The School of Sciences was established in 2012 to impart quality education in various disciplines of science through Open and Distance Learning. The School offers degree courses in B.Sc. with different subject combinations and M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Geography and Environmental Science, besides Certificate and Diploma programmes. The school has developed its own study material (SLM) for both graduate and post-graduate programmes, which will be launched in 2020 onwards with semester mode. With the firm belief that practical is an essential parts of science education, the different departments of the school organize practical workshops other than mandatory counseling at various science study centers of the university to provide additional support to students. Under the guidance of Director, Prof P. D. Pant, the School of Sciences has become one of the main constituents of the University with a large number of science students.
The functions of the School:
- Plan, develop and offer academic programmes at the diploma, undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels.
- Collaborate in the development of programmes/ courses with other universities.
- Provide learner support using video lecture, radio talks, electronic media and ICT tools.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of student support services.
- Organize and participate in workshops, conferences and seminars.
Development of Self-Instructional Study Material (SLM)
The school has developed its own study material (SLM) for both graduate and post-graduate programmes, which will be launched in 2020 onwards with semester mode.
- Departments of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Bachelor of Science ( BSC )